Sunday, February 7, 2010

Critiquing My Mini Lesson!

It is always a little nerve wrecking seeing myself on video. I find that I am a harsh critic, especially when I am critiquing myself. The first thing that I realized about my lesson was how nervous I can seem to be. My body seems to be awkward and you can tell I was not prepared very well for this small lesson. Being in front a camera gives me insecurities and this is something I should overcome (especially since I will be teaching in front of many kids and not just a class of my peers). Also, my eyes are everywhere during the lesson. It was hard for me to know where to fix my eyes especially since all I had in front of me was just a camera (resulting me in looking at the floor numerous amounts of time throughout the lesson).

This week we have been working on our “gym voices” and this is definitely something I need to work on if I will be a successful physical educator. There is so much background noise that many parts of my lesson you cannot even hear. For example, when I am doing the demonstration and constantly turning my head and voice away from the camera, it is hard to hear the cues that I am trying to demonstrate. When speaking, I noticed I said “um” and “uh” a lot. That was a little embarrassing to watch because it shows me being unprepared, and was just said so I could fill up silence while I search for what to do next in the lesson.

Some good things about my mini-lesson, I thought I had pretty good posture =]. Bad posture is something I struggle with and it shows up a lot in pictures and videos. I was glad to see this was not the case in my lesson.

I would like to hear what others have to say about my mini lesson, feel free to post something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment