Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first Lessonnn

I must admit coming into class and having to teach right off the bat was really nerve wrecking. However, I am very grateful for taping the video because as we go along in this course, I will be able to learn from mistakes and grow as a teacher.
There is much room for improvement that I have seen. Once again, i noticed that my gym voice is not as great as it could be. I need to project my voice a lot more. Another thing I noticed was how I addressed those that I was teaching. Constantly I would call them "guys" instead of "class" or "students". Getting out of this habit is something I need to work on for the future. The competition part of the lesson was a definate flop. Too many students were just standing around waiting, instead of participating in an activity. Next time I know not to use this as a form of "activity" because it really is not.
Watching this video was very informative and I'm looking forward to trying the lesson again!

No comments:

Post a Comment